I started with a basic cooked playdough, but added in a couple of ingredients to make it sparkly and scented: glitter and peppermint extract.
Peppermint Playdough Recipe:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp oil
1 cup water
Food coloring (add as much as you want for the intensity you would like)
1 tsp peppermint extract
Glitter (add as much as you would like)
1. In a saucepan mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
2. Add in oil, water, and food coloring. Whisk until smooth.
3. Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly until playdough begins to turn into a ball. Add in the peppermint extract and stir quickly into the playdough.
4. Once the peppermint extract is blended in, remove playdough from heat. Once cooled a little, take playdough and place on counter or other workspace.
5. Make a small "well" in the center of the playdough and add in the amount of glitter you would like.
6. Knead the playdough by gently folding over and pressing edges together and repeating until glitter is mixed in.
7. Knead a few more minutes until glitter is throughly mixed into the playdough.
8. Place into a ziplock bag or enjoy right away!
|Make a hole or "well" in the center of playdough to hold the glitter before kneading.|
This post may also have been shared at some of these terrific link parties.