UA-52744532-1

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May Monthly Goals 2017

I keep thinking that we're into spring: the warm, t-shirt and shorts, pretty flowers spring that we are all desperate to see — and then another cold snap comes through and everyone gets a little bummed out again. Which all just reminds me that this time of year takes a little patience. Those warm spring days will come, but in our part of New England it takes a little longer.


Similarly March was pretty crazy, and while I felt like I kept waiting for things to even out a little in April, I'm realizing that too will take a little patience. Even now, I'm over a week into May without posting my monthly goals. 

My Four Year Long Themes:
Balance - Find balance across all areas of my life.
Purpose - Reflect on the purpose of the things I own and my time.
Health- Spend time focusing on improving my own physical and mental health.
Organization- I am always striving for better organization, everywhere.

As these are big goals, I'm working on approaching them in manageable chunks. 

Reflecting on April 
Here's a quick look back at how April went.

April was all about catching up after a crazy March - but large chunks of April still remained pretty busy.

Balance- For the most part I kept one weekend day free during April so that we could have the down family time that we needed. I also kept our April vacation pretty low key. We stayed home and had a "staycation." We found something fun, easy and local to do each day - but beyond that spent most of our time at home. It was just what we needed.

Purpose- 
I spent the month thinking about what volunteer commitments I have, and why. And then also trying to be better about saying no to some projects/commitments.

Health -
I wanted to spend some time in April catching up on sleep and exercise, and while I did for some spells there were other spells that were pretty low on both. This definitely still needs to be a focus area.

Organization- 
It was nice to find some small ways to work on "spring cleaning." There are definitely spaces that feel much more organized and clean now. A big activity included going through the boys' clothes to figure out what still fit and what we needed to replace with a larger size.



May Goals

Balance- I'm keeping to our plan of keeping one weekend day each weekend low key and about being home with family. Now that t-ball has started, which means practice two days a week, I'm also trying to keep one of our other after school afternoons less scheduled. These two things help us keep our personal balance despite busy routines.

Purpose- 
I'm returning to my idea of being purposeful about my time. I'm trying hard again to limit how long I spend on one task while being aware of where I would prefer my time an energy to go. This includes again the problem of feeling distracted by household tasks when I also want to make sure I spend some time with the kids. I'm going to go back to the idea of setting a time limit, and then moving on.

Health -
Last spring I really enjoyed a "Plank" challenge I did online with a group of local people. Even if I didn't exercise, I still did a plank each day. It made an amazing difference physically and mentally. So, for the rest of this month I'm committing to one plank a day.

Organization- 
I'm gearing up for a yard sale at the end of the month, which I've said for a while now I've wanted to do. It's the perfect time to really dig into closets and storage




Don't forget to check out the goals from these other bloggers.


Three Dinosaurs - May 2017 Goals

Freshly Planted: Thrive in 2017 - May Goals

Mama Smiles - Goals for May 2017


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... This post may also have been shared at some of these terrific link parties.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to try your Plank a Day exercise challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love planks! Have you tried burpees? My kids love to do them with me, and they really boost energy. Which is really helpful on low-energy, can't-find-time-to-exercise days :)

    Way to stay up with your low-key weekend goal! That's a great one.

    ReplyDelete