UA-52744532-1

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Lilac Scented Playdough

I love the sweet smell of lilacs in the spring time, but it always seems like the flowers last for such a short time.  We wait through early spring and by the time they open it's usually hot enough that they don't last for long.


So to savor the smell a little longer, I made up a batch of Lilac Scented Playdough! We still love a cooked playdough and used our basic cooked playdough recipe as a base for this batch. 
In addition to the regular ingredients I added in purple food coloring and lilac perfume oil. I bought this lilac perfume oil several years ago at The Body Shop. It's lasted quite a while and the smell is so realistic! Even though it's one of my favorite warm weather perfumes to wear, I was still willing to add a few drops to the playdough.


When I made up the playdough batch I added the food coloring and oil to the regular wet ingredients. After mixing the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients I cooked the playdough as we usually do on the stove top. I added about 3 drops of purple food coloring, and about 5 drops of the perfume oil to the mix. 

Even as the playdough cooked I could smell the sweet smell of lilacs! 

When it was finished and cooled down, I was pleased to discover it continued to have it's great spring smell! I'm excited we'll be able to keep the smell around a little longer even the our own lilac trees have stopped flowering. 


Please note: This playdough is no longer "taste safe" when the perfume oil is added in. It should be used with supervision of young children. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This post may also have been shared at some of these terrific link parties

No comments:

Post a Comment