UA-52744532-1

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Teacher Thank You Tree Bookmarks (Free Printable)

This week marks Big Brother's last week of preschool before summer vacation. (He'll be headed back to the same program in the fall.) We wanted to find a way to say thank you to the teachers he has had this year. Preschool has been one of his favorite places ever, and it is his teachers who really make the place special for all of the kids. When we were brainstorming things we can make for people he started talking a lot about bookmarks, and it inspired me to help him create bookmarks for the teachers.

I had spotted many cute ideas on Pinterest for either plant or tree themed gifts, including several cute fingerprint tree ideas.



I decided to combine some of them into this book mark printable. (By clicking on the link you can download a copy.)


I printed the bookmarks on to heavy white card stock.

Big Brother then used two different colors of green ink and his fingers to add leaves to the trees. (Quick clean up note: baby wipes work really well for taking ink off fingertips.)

After he had created the leaves we cut the bookmarks apart, added names and he signed his name on the back. We then ran them through out laminator. (Have I mentioned yet how much I love our little home laminator for this kind of project?) I ran three through at a time using one sheet of laminating film. 

When we'd finished laminating we again cut them apart, punched a hole in the top, and added ribbon. We were left with a beautiful finished project. The teachers loved receiving along with a big, giant Big Brother hug. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea. So sad I couldn't download the printable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for letting me know that there was a problem. I am working on fixing it.

    ReplyDelete