White card stock (4.25 inches by 5.5 inches)
Colorful poster paint
Solid colored card stock
Heart Paper Punch
1) Fold the card stock in half.
2) Paint the child's hand with solid colored washable paint and then press the hand onto the front of the card. (We did several cards at a time with one color. We then would wash the hand before moving onto another color. The boys picked different colors for their teachers.)
3) Let the paint on the cards dry.
4) Once the cards are dry, use the heart paper punch to press out solid colored hearts. Use the glue stick to attach the heart into the palm of the hand.
5) Write a sweet message inside!
We used our cards for Teacher Appreciation Week, but there are endless ways you could use these cards. I'd love to hear below who you might give a heart in hand card to.