When I make these, I always make them in our KitchenAid mixer, which makes the mixing fast and smooth. It had actually been a while since I made some, but we were pretty excited to enjoy a fresh batch this week.
One Bowl: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffinsIngredients:
3 to 4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup (or half a stick) of unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (we love King Arthur Flour's White Whole Wheat Flour in this recipe)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Peel and place the bananas into the bowl, mix until fully mashed.
3. Add the melted butter and sugar to the bananas, and mix until fully blended.
4. Add the remaining wet ingredients: eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix again, until fully blended.
5. With the mixer off, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon onto to the top of the wet ingredients. Quickly mix all the dry ingredients (either by hand or with an electric mixer) into the wet ingredients until no dry lumps remain. The batter will be a little lumpy due to the bananas.
6. Quickly add the 1/2 cup of miniature chocolate chips to the batter, and mix just enough to spread the chocolate chips through the entire batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. (We've been loving our silicone baking cups for muffins, the muffins always come out so easily!)
8. Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the largest muffin comes out clean.
9. Enjoy warm, or store in plastic bag once cool. They should last for a few days if stored correctly.
They have definitely become a go-to recipe for us, we hope you enjoy them!
This post may also have been shared at some of these terrific link parties.